Summit the Roof of Indochina, Mount Fansipan (3.143m) by the recently launched cable car. Enjoy the magnificent views of Muong Hoa valley and look into the bordering China and Laos. Combine the trip with exploring Sapa, a historic mountain town known as Tonkin’s Hill Station.
At 8:00 AM, you will commence from Topas Ecolodge with a one hour drive through the beautiful landscape of Muong Hoa valley, home to Giay and Black H’mong ethnic minority groups. In Sapa town you will meet your local guide and have another short transfer to nearby Fansipan Cable Car Station. The Fansipan cable car holds the Guinness World Record as the world’s longest. You will enjoy a 15 minute ride to the Mountain Station, thereafter you take about 600 steps to get to the summit. From the top you can hopefully enjoy the marvelous view of whole Sapa valley and the bordering mountain areas.
Back at Sapa town, you will visit the old Catholic Church, the local market and learn more about the history of the town by visiting Sapa Museum.
It is now time to explore the town on your own and enjoy lunch in one of many restaurants on your own budget. At 14:00 PM, you will take a shuttle bus back to Topas Ecolodge, departing from the Topas Sapa office.
– If you want to extend your town visit, it is possible to go back to the lodge by taxi, fare: 400.000VND.
Approx: 2,5 hours driving/ 2 hours visit Fansipan/ 1hour city tour
- Kind of trip: Joining tour of maximum 10 travellers
- Departure from: Topas Ecolodge at 8:00 AM
- Finish at: Topas Ecolodge 15:00 PM
- Duration: Half/Full day
- Activities: Sightseeing, walking.
- What to bring: a day backpack; hat; sun cream; shorts & T-shirt for hot season and long trouser & light windbreaker jacket for cold season.
- Enjoy breathtaking views of Muong Hoa valley
- Explore highest mountain of Indochina
- Experience the culture and history of Sapa town
Inclusion & Exclusions
- English speaking guide
- All needed transportation
- Cable car ticket
- Water and snack
- Travel insurance
- Other services not indicated as inclusive