Get into the hidden Nam Cang area and walk along the biggest and most beautiful rice fields of Sapa, enjoy waterfalls and enjoy lunch in a local lodge located just next to the river and jungle.
This is the perfect opportunities to explore the natural life of ethnic minority groups living in the mountains. The locals will look with big eyes and followed by happy smiles as this is “off the beaten track”.
You will commence the tour with a transfer deeper into Hoang Lien National Park to the trek starting point near Sin Chai village. You are now “off the beaten track”. Enjoy beautiful views of high mountains, waterfalls and the deep valleys. The trails will soon lead you to the Red Dao village of Nam Nhiu, here you will meet the villagers, enjoy a cup of green tea in their house, and learn about their daily life as mostly farmers. Leaving the village behind, you will turn into a small dirt trail and soon note the marvelous views of the valley dotted with bamboo huts, which used by local farmers as overnight lodge during harvest season. After passing the rice terraces and a river you will walk on a quiet road for a while before arriving at the charming Nam Cang village. Your lunch is served at Nam Cang Riverside Lodge, with the jungle just behind and connected with the village by its own suspended bridge.
Nam Cang village locates at the far end of Sapa valley and the Red Dao women wear some of the most colorful and diverse costumes of all Vietnam’s ethnic groups. They are also famous for herbal bath, local medicine and embroidery. Accompanied by your guide, you will explore the village and learn how the local villagers make writing paper by rice, silver jewelry and colorful embroidery. You may also want to take a swim in the river, before meeting your vehicle for the journey back.
Approx: Grade: Moderate/ 3-3.5 hours walking
- Kind of trip: joining tour of maximum 10 travellers
- Departure from:
- Sapa office at 8:00
- Topas Ecolodge at 9:00
- Finish approximately at:
- Thanh Phu if travelling to Hanoi by Topas Mountain Express: 15:30
- Topas Ecolodge at 16:00.
- Sapa office at 17:00
- Activities: hiking, cultural & village exploring, sightseeing
- What to take: a day backpack; comfortable walking shoes; hat; sun cream; shorts & T-shirt for hot season and long trouser & light windbreaker jacket for cold season.
- The best picturesque mountainous and rice-terrace views of the most remote area of Sapa;
- Experience the unique culture of Red Dao minority
Inclusions & Exclusions:
- English speaking guide
- Lunch at Nam Cang Riverside Lodge
- Water and snack
- Entrance fees
- Tip and gratuity