Nam Pa jungle bbq hike
Topas Ecolodge day-tour
Sometimes food is the best part of traveling, right? Join us on this easy hike through lush jungles down to the fertile valley of Nam Pa and fill your tummy with our Sapa-inspired BBQ in the middle of rice paddies and thundering rivers!
Price: please enquire
Trip Type: Active | Hiking Level: Easy | Service Level: Standard
Product Code: SRV3
- Hiking through lush jungles and fertile valleys
- Sampling a variety of locally-inspired barbecued meats, vegetables, and herbs in a valley of rice paddies
- Learning about one of Vietnam’s most interesting ethnic minority groups – the Red Dzao.
- Foodies and hikers
- Couples, solo travelers, groups of friends, and families with primary-school aged children and older
- Spending time in some of Vietnam’s most iconic landscapes
Topas Ecolodge - Nam Cang Village - Nam Pa Valley - Topas Ecolodge
Depart Topas Ecolodge at 8:30 and enjoy the views from the large windows as you make your way down the mountain, passing rushing waterfalls and idyllic countryside life on your way to Nam Cang Village.
Upon arrival to remote Nam Cang, have a brief tour learning about embroidery and silversmithing in different Red Dzao homes before starting a gentle 1-hour 4km walk through lush green jungles and glittering rice fields to our brand-new mountain hut for a sumptuous Sapa-inspired BBQ lunch.
Rest inside or take advantage of the stunning scenery to take photos while the BBQ is set up, resting your feet in the cool, rushing river or crossing make-shift suspension bridges to explore further. Whatever the case, make sure to eat as much as you can of the wide array of freshly smoked trout, vegetables, tofu, mushrooms, and jungle herbs straight from the grill.
Once you’ve had enough to eat, make the return 1-hour 4km walk back to Nam Cang Village to catch the bus back to Topas Ecolodge, where you will arrive around 15:30.
Included Meals: Lunch
Activities: 2h transfer – 30′ village visit – 8km hike
- Round-trip transfer from Topas Ecolodge
- BBQ lunch in Nam Pa Valley
- All entrance tickets and permits to local villages and Hoang Lien National Park
- Free refillable water in the shuttle (Please bring your own water bottle)
- 1 bilingual (ENG and VN) speaking local tour guide
- Government Value Added Tax
- Maximum group size of 10 people allowed during activities
- Please wear appropriate footwear as the trail can be quite muddy and slippery at times
- Prices are quoted in VND