fbpx
Du er her:  Topas Ecolodge » Artist in residency collaboration program

Artist in residency collaboration program

Our newest program launches this summer, offering an exclusive opportunity for artists to revitalize their creative spirit while collaborating with Sapa’s hottest new property, Topas Riverside Lodge, on a one-week artist in residence program, running once a month from June 15th until November 1st each year.  

Keep reading to learn more about the program and how to apply!

Topas Riverside Lodge aerial view

Share your creativity

Our artist residency program offers content creators, photographers, and videographers a chance to take a break from their regular schedules and get their creative juices flowing by spending time in a new environment.   

Topas Riverside Lodge is the ideal place for creative types to find inspiration around every corner, whether it’s the stunning nature, cultural diversity, or simply the fresh air that attracts. 

In exchange for sharing content with us in your medium of preference/expertise, we will offer you a 5-night complimentary trip, with the first 4 nights at our riverside location and the final night with us, in your own bungalow!  

 

Accommodation details

Each resident is provided with a room at Topas Riverside Lodge for 4 of the 5 nights of collaboration. Rooms are equipped with either a queen or 2 twin beds, with a space to hang up clothing, and a private ensuite bathroom. The final night is spent in a premium executive bungalow facing the gorgeous mountains at Topas Ecolodge with your own large balcony. 

Linens and towels are provided, with the room cleaned and linens changed by the housekeeping team every other day, or as requested by the resident. 

Each residency can accommodate up to 2 visual artists at any given time, who arrive and depart on the same day to ensure a deeply-shared experience and collaborative environment. 

Topas Riverside Lodge

Provided meals

The kitchen at Topas Riverside Lodge will serve the majority of your meals during the stay, with a tasty assortment of northern Vietnamese styled dishes, such as đậu phụ sốt cà chua, nem rán, and lots of fresh regional veggies. In general, all meals at the Riverside have at least 80% plant-based products and the remaining 20% coming from protein like egg, tofu, and meats. 

Due to our small team, meals at Topas Riverside Lodge follow the below schedule: 

Breakfast: 7:00 – 8:30

Lunch: 12:00 – 13:30

Dinner: 18:00 – 19:30

Topas Ecolodge’s menu has a mix of Western fare with other classic Vietnamesee favorites. You are able to dine without a schedule here. 

 

Title

Description

Title

Description

Title

Description

Activities and work spaces

Both lodges are poised to give you plenty of opportunities for film making, story telling, and photographing. Whether it’s ethnic minority culture that interests you, adventure travel, natural beauty, regional cuisine, or just shots of the simple life, we are sure you can find it here in Hoang Lien National Park. 

After you’ve finished shooting for the day, there is complimentary Wi-Fi throughout Topas Riverside Lodge, and in all of Topas Ecolodge’s public areas. 

BE1D996D-38AD-4AAA-AB8F-9C407941D5A7
coffee landscape

How to apply

All residencies are fully funded with accommodation, meals, and transport from Hanoi. Selected residents are responsible for funding their own travel if not located in Hanoi. 

In exchange for the residency, the artist will share content with both properties in the exchange of photographs, videos, magazine articles, blog articles, etc. All levels and stages of experience are welcome to apply, as it is the quality that counts, not your follower count! 

Interested artists should send their portfolio and cover letter  to marketing@topastravel.vn. 

Additionally, collaborating teams are welcome to apply with the above submissions. However, the team leader is responsible for all aspects of participation and communication, and must submit a project plan with the application. Teams can be a maximum of 4 members and will be allotted 2 rooms during the stay. 

Good luck! 

Topas Ecolodge