Relaxing & Market visiting
3 days – 2 nights FROM 377 USD
Topas Ecolodge is located 18 km from Sapa, deep in the Hoang Lien mountains. Our 33 bungalows overlook the entire valley with the ethnic minority villages of Ban Ho and Thanh Phu, 400 meters below. Your journey from Hanoi to Sapa in the new Topas Mountain Express – a 8 seat limousine with luxurious interior design, spacious and soft chairs – is a comfortable 5 hour direct transfer.
Friday: Comfortable drive to Topas Ecolodge
Our luxury Topas Mountain Express will pick you up at your Hanoi hotel between 6,30 and 7,00 and your approximately 5 hour journey to Topas Ecolodge has begun.
After checking into your bungalow, sit back and enjoy the beautiful and peaceful view of the surrounding mountains and valleys from your private balcony.
Saturday: Topas Ecolodge
The morning is at your leisure at Topas Ecolodge. You can relax or borrow our complimentary quality mountain bikes for a cycle of exploration to neighboring villages; or you can sign up for another adventure:
- Join a half day or full day walking / biking excursion, the best way to experience nature and the local cultures of the ethnic minority people
- Book a half day tour to explore the highest peak of Indochina, Mt. Fansipan (3.143m) with the newly launched cable car, which includes a visit to Sapa town
- Try a traditional Red Dao herbal bath at the lodge’s spa
Day 3 (Sunday)
Bac Ha minority market and return to Hanoi (B,L,-)
At 8:00, you will commence the market tour from Topas Ecolodge with an 80km transfer to Bac Ha township. The market is the largest of the area and happens only on Sunday mornings, it is literally a riot of color as many different ethnic groups such as the Flower H’mong, Phu La, Black Dao, Tay and Nung minorities gather to trade. Most of the goods are simply agricultural produce such as rice, corn, root crops, vegetables, herbs, spices, fruits, nuts or tobacco… But there is also a cattle market, medicinal herbs and spices, flowers, local hardware, minority group handicrafts and an array of local street food delicacies. While the local women are more interested in foods and clothing, the unique cattle section draws a lot of attention from the local men. After spending the rest of the morning exploring the bustling market, you will enjoy lunch at a local family house in a nearby village.
In the afternoon, you will enjoy a drive downhill to Trung Do village to visit the Tay ethnic minority who live in charming traditional houses on stilts on the riverbanks. The Tay People are very friendly and open minded, they are agricultural experts, very organized and tend to keep their villages very clean and well maintained.
You will then continue to Xuan Giao, get on to Topas Mountain Express and head back to Hanoi.
This Explorer package includes:
- English speaking guide during shared excursions*
- 2 nights at Topas Ecolodge (double or twin accommodation in a Premium Executive bungalow )
- 2 breakfasts + 1 lunch (B = breakfast, L = lunch)**
- Transfer by Topas Mountain Express Hanoi – Topas Ecolodge – Hanoi
- Mineral water and snack during excursions
- All entrance fees
- The package can be upgraded to Suite Bungalow
- Topas Mountain Express can only pick up and return passengers at hotels / residences in Hanoi’s Old Quarter and Tay Ho District
* The excursions are based on sharing groups of maximum 10 travelers.