Sapa hiking break
2 days & 1 night at Topas Ecolodge
Take a break from city life and breathe in the fresh air of Sapa during this 2-day hiking adventure around Topas Ecolodge and Topas Riverside Lodge. Stretch your legs on mountain trails and fill your belly with a delicious regionally-inspired BBQ amongst the rice paddies in remote Nam Pa Valley.
Price: please enquire
Trip Type: Active | Hiking Level: Moderate | Service Level: Standard
Product Code: SEH2
- Hiking on a variety of trails through rice terraces, corn fields, mountain roads and valley footpaths.
- Learning about one of Vietnam’s most interesting ethnic minority groups – the Red Dzao.
- Taking a dip in the famous “rice-terrace” saltwater infinity pools at Topas Ecolodge
- Hiking enthusiasts and culture lovers
- Couples, groups of friends, and solo travelers
- Taking a quick break from city life to recharge in nature
Day 1: Hello mountains! | Hanoi - Noi Bai Airport - Topas Ecolodge
Head for the impressive mountains and valleys of Sapa aboard the comfortable Topas Mountain Express, a plush minivan outfitted with snacks water, and Wi-Fi for the five-hour journey from Hanoi to Topas Ecolodge, starting from 6:30 am. Arrive just in time to enjoy lunch at leisure in the Stilt House Restaurant or to stretch your legs on your bungalow’s private balcony.
Then grab your boots at 14:00 for a 3-hour hike to Lech Village, a Red Dzao community high in the mountains of Thanh Kim commune surrounded by rice terraces and magnificent views.
Your guide will teach you about Red Dzao standards of beauty as well as aspects of daily life in the village before returning to Topas Ecolodge to catch an unbelievable sunset from the infinity pools’ upper deck.
Included Meals: N/A
Activities: 5h transfer – 3h Red Dzao discovery hike
Pick-up from residences/hotels in Hanoi’s Old Quarter between 6:30 – 7:00. Flight must arrive to Noi Bai Airport by 8:00 in order to join this program.
Day 2: Deep in the jungle | Topas Ecolodge - Nam Cang Commune
Enjoy a leisurely breakfast and check-out of your bungalow before departing Topas Ecolodge for a thrilling drive down the mountain to remote Nam Cang Village.
After a brief tour learning about embroidery and silversmithing up close and personal in different Red Dzao homes, start your 1-hour uphill hike through lush green jungles and glittering rice fields to our latest attraction, a brand-new mountain hut framed by rushing rivers and rice paddies, the scene of our sumptuous Sapa-inspired BBQ lunch.
Rest inside or take advantage of the stunning scenery and climb over make-shift suspension bridges while the BBQ is set up. Whatever the case, make sure to sample the wide array of freshly smoked trout, vegetables, tofu, mushrooms, and jungle herbs straight from the grill.
Once you’ve had enough to eat, make the return 1-hour walk back to Nam Cang Village and catch the van to Thanh Phu Bridge where your luggage and the Topas Mountain Express will be waiting for you to return to Hanoi.
Included Meals: Breakfast, Lunch
Activities: 2.5h transfer – 30 – 45′ village visit – 2h jungle hike – 5h transfer
Drop off at Noi Bai Airport between 19:00 – 19:30, so please book return flights accordingly.
Drop off at residences and/or hotels in Tay Ho or Hoan Kiem between 19:30 – 20:00.
- Join-in Topas Mountain Express direct shuttle between Hanoi and Topas Ecolodge
- 1 night in a premium executive bungalow at Topas Ecolodge
- All meals as indicated in the program
- All entrance tickets and permits to local villages and Hoang Lien National Park
- Nam Cang shuttle bus on Day 2
- Free refillable water during transfers and at Topas Ecolodge (Please check with your guide or driver and bring your own water bottle)
- 1 bilingual (ENG and VN) speaking local tour guide on day 1 and 2 hikes
- Government Value Added Tax
- Maximum group size of 10 people allowed during activities
- Pick-up destinations and times are as follows
- From Hanoi’s Old Quarter or Tay Ho Districts – 6:30 – 7:00 am
- From Noi Bai Airport – your flight must arrive by 8:00 am to join this program
- Prices are quoted in VND
- If the lodges are closed or travel bans/restrictions apply, booking date can be amended and/or transferred to another person for use with written confirmation from Topas Ecolodge