Sapa's hidden trails
Topas Ecolodge day-tour
Venture into the hidden area of Nam Cang as you hike through 7 km of Hoang Lien National Park’s rugged countryside, down cornfield dirt trails and through terraced rice fields to Nam Cang Village, a quiet town known for its charming Red Dzao population.
Price: please enquire
Trip Type: Active | Hiking Level: Moderate | Service Level: Standard
Product Code: SW1A
- Hiking through rice terraces and rolling farmland
- Learning about one of Vietnam’s most interesting ethnic minority groups – the Red Dzao.
- Stopping for lunch at Topas Riverside Lodge to admire the rushing river and jungle surroundings
- Hiking enthusiasts and culture lovers
- Couples, solo travelers, and groups of friends
- Spending time in some of Vietnam’s most iconic landscapes
Topas Ecolodge - Sin Chai Village - Nam Cang Village - Topas Riverside Lodge - Topas Ecolodge
Depart Topas Ecolodge at 8:30 and drive to the starting point of the hike, near Sin Chai Village, a truly off-the-beaten track location, framed by steep mountains, rushing waterfalls, and deep valleys.
Continue on through some of the most picturesque rice terraces in all of Vietnam, down dirt trails dotted with bamboo huts used by local farmers as a temporary lodge during harvest season. As the path continues downwards, you’ll eventually arrive to the charming Red Dzao community residing in Nam Cang Village.
A short walk through the village brings you to Topas Riverside Lodge for a relaxing breather on the patio facing the local river. Sit down for a feast prepared by the staff, with all dishes created from locally sourced, organic ingredients. You can also jump into the river and swim with the local children in gorgeous freshwater natural rock pools!
After lunch (and maybe a coffee or lemongrass tea), explore Nam Cang Village with your guide, learning about embroidery, silversmithing, and traditional herbal medicine in different Red Dzao homes before returning to Topas Ecolodge around 15:30.
Included Meals: Lunch
Activities: 1.5h transfer – 7km hike – 45′ village tour
- Round-trip transfer from Topas Ecolodge
- Lunch at Topas Riverside Lodge
- All entrance tickets and permits to local villages and Hoang Lien National Park
- Free refillable water in the shuttle as well as Topas Riverside Lodge (Please bring your own water bottle)
- 1 bilingual (ENG and VN) speaking local tour guide
- Government Value Added Tax
- Maximum group size of 10 people allowed during activities
- Please wear appropriate footwear as the trail can be quite muddy and slippery at times
- Prices are quoted in VND